I am honored to be hosting the 2011 October DMBLGIT event. I volunteered back in May when the flowers were blooming; and now it is October and the leaves are changing colors. Time goes by so fast, I am sure with the holidays starting bloggers have some amazing photos to share, I must admit the anticipation has my eye balls popping.
DMBLGIT was started in 2005 by Andrew of SpittoonExtra. It’s best described as a monthly food and drink photography event open to all bloggers who have posted a food photograph on their blogs during the previous month. At least 6 awards are given each month based on scoring of photographs in the 3 categories of edibility, aesthetics, and originality by 5 judges. Last month’s event was hosted by Sukaina if you want to have a look at a plethora of gorgeous food photography.
I am thrilled and excited to have such a talented group of judges who have graciously agreed to donate their time and expertise to this DMBLGIT October event: Kristen Doyle of Dine and Dish, Bron Marshall of bronmarshmall.com, Ilva Beretta of Lucullian Delights, Jeanne Horak of Cook Sister and Shannon Imlay of Shannon Shanonigins.
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog between September 1st through September 30th, 2011.
- The deadline to submit your entry is October 20th, 2011 at midnight, whenever that is in your part of the world.
Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
Edibility: does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “Wow! I never thought of photographing it like that before.”
- An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you’d like to enter. It should be without text and no more than 500 pixels in width.
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post containing the photograph
- The camera and lens you used
- Please also mention if you are a professional photographer or an amateur